Remy Martin VSOP Cannes Edition 2013
Rémy Cointreau has lined up the launch of a limited edition bottling of its Rémy Martin VSOP Cognac, to commemorate the Cannes Film Festival, one of the best festivals and a beautiful place. The bottle, which features the festival’s golden palm motif, will be available in the run-up to the festival, which started on 15 May.
This 66th Cannes Film Festival will be the occasion for Rémy Martin to present two exclusive formats:
- The Magnum bottle (1.5l) will be available in limited numbers at the most prestigious retail points around the world and at the House of Rémy Martin in Cognac, France at an RRP of EUR200.
- The Classic bottle (one-litre) will be available exclusively at the world’s leading international airports and costs EUR63 (US$82).
This year Rémy Martin also presents a signature coffret in addition to its VSOP Cannes Film Festival Limited Edition bottle. Setting the stage for a grand event, the four Jéroboams (three-litre) signed by the Presidents and Jury Members of the Cannes Film Festival from 2010 to 2013, are exceptionally united in a unique “Retrospective” collector set. This ode to cinema will meet its climax during the Global Gift Gala charity dinner in favour of The Eva Longoria Foundation, on May 19th 2013, at the Carlton Hotel where the set will be auctioned, followed by a cocktail at NIKKI Beach in Cannes.
To celebrate the Cannes Film Festival, Rémy Martin has teamed up with head barman at Silencio Rob McHardy to concoct a surprising creation, the Soolong.
- 3 cl Rémy Martin VSOP
- 1.5 cl Milky Oolong tea syrup
- 1.5 cl fresh grapefruit juice
- 1 cl fresh lemon juice
- 1 cl Bénédictine
- 3 dashes Peychaud’s Bitters
Method: Place all the ingredients in a cocktail shaker, shake and strain into a glass tumbler over ice. Cover with shaved ice and garnish with grapefruit zest finished with three dashes of Peychaud’s Bitters.