Cognac is healthy
Drinking every day doesn’t necessarily mean getting drunk, when alcohol is consumed in moderation it can help you live longer. It’s not a myth, numerous medical studies have supported the fact that drinking alcohol in moderation can indeed make you healthier and help you cure certain diseases. To stress the fact that drinking is ok but in moderation, we thought we would talk a bit about it.
Cognac is one of the best drinks when it comes to your health. For this reason, cognac is also called eaux-de-vie. Water of life…
For the following reasons cognac good when it comes to your health:
1. Cognac is rich in polyphenols, which are naturally in grapes. Polyphenols are anti-inflammatory, protecting the cells against free radicals and reduce the marketing of fatty substances in the blood vessels, causing less atherosclerosis occurs.
2. Cognac is a pure product. It is low in natural sugar and is free from all other additives. French law prohibits additives such as sulfates.
3. The older cognacs such as the XO‘s, have great health benefits as they matured in oak casks for many years. Some constituents in oak barrels, such as ellagic acid are important antioxidants.
4. If you ever have a cold, forget to take pills. Cognac helps widen blood vessels and relieves the headache.
5. If you regularly drink cognac (about 15 ml per day), it helps to protect you against heart disease.
To stress the fact that cognac is one of the best medicine if drank in moderation we would like to include a statement from organic-lafragette:
The town of Cognac lies in the department of the Charente where many people live to over the age of one hundred and it appears that life expectancy there is higher than the national average. This appears to be due to the fact that Cognac is drunk there on a daily basis.
Before we end the post, we would like to stress one more time that when we say drinking alcohol is good, we mean in moderation. Anything that is done more than it should can create problems and alcohol is no different. Avoid heavy drinking, avoid driving even if you have had one sip of alcohol and drink moderately. Alcohol is good and will help you live longer and healthier if you drink it in moderation. It’s a fact and not just a myth. Give cognac a try. If you need recommendation feel free to contact us or leave a comment here and we will be glad to help you pick one.