Best XO Cognacs 2011
In this list I will publish the best 10 XO Cognacs of 2011, with buying one of the Cognacs in this list you will always obtain a good XO Cognac.
This list is made for you, to make it easier to choose a XO-Cognac at your local liquor-store.
We made this list based on our own justice, (star)ratings from users and the general opinion on the Internet of these Cognacs. For this list, we only selected XO Cognacs!
- Otard XO Gold, a average 35 years old Cognac in a nice bottle, it’s mainly made with Grande Champagne but also some Borderies and Fins Bois are inside. Highly rated by visitors and myself. Price: $100,-
- Comandon XO, the “newcomer” in this segment. It already received many prices like the title of “most outstanding spirit” in America from the Tasting Panel Magazine. Delicious Cognac which tasted very good. May well compete with the big brands and is also slightly cheaper. Also a beautiful bottle! Price: $100,-
- Gautier XO Extra 1755, reviewed this Cognac quite recently and it’s still in my mouths imagination. Very well-balanced on the palate between powerfulness and finesse. Beautiful tasting profile with wood, vanilla, some spices and floral aroma’s! Price: $100,-
- De Luze XO Fine Champagne, this Cognac is a wonderful rich, aromatic Cognac XO at an affordable price. Made from Cognacs from the two best regions, Grande Champagne and Petite Champagne. Price: $70,-
- Martell Cordon Bleu, one of my classic favorites, the heart of this Cognac is made of Borderies. Grande and Petite Champagne are added for strength and finesse, along with some excellent Fins Bois. Floral and spicy aromas, very elegant and gentle. Price: $130,-
- Audry XO, last years favorite. In the renowned magazine the Time, Audry Cognac has been described as: “The best Cognac You Have Never Heard About”. I totally agree! I tasted the Audry XO and liked it very well! Price: $100,-
- Delamain Vesper, first 100% Grande Champagne Cognac in the list. Very enjoyable Cognac, you should however like the woody/tannin taste. Price: $130,-
- Martell Cohiba Extra Cognac, this Cognac is highly rated by our visitors and indeed it is a beautiful Cigar Cognac! Unfortunately with a price from $250,- quite expensive.
- Rémy Martin XO Excellence, great Fine Champagne Cognac, good availability and beautiful bottle in your drink cabinet. Reference point for an XO-Cognac. Price: $130,-
- Hennessy XO, this list is not complete without the Hennessy XO, the matured tasted of toasted wood is great. In comparing to the Rémy Martin XO this Hennessy is slightly sharper and more masculine in the mouth. Price: $150,-
We are fully standing behind this Cognac list, but we are very interested in your opinion about it!