Best VSOP Cognacs 2012 – Top 10
This list is made for you, to make it easier to make the best choice choosing a VSOP-Cognac at your local liquor-store.
We made this list based on our own justice, (star)ratings from users and the general opinion on the Internet of these Cognacs. For this list, we only selected VSOP Cognacs!
- Frapin VSOP, also a Grande Champagne VSOP, unfortunately no very affordable. This cognac is gentle, elegant and can easily measure up to many XO Cognacs. Price: $55,-
- Rémy Martin VSOP Mature Cask Finish, probably the most well-known Cognac. Famous for using the Grande and Petite Champagne Cognacs. This Cognac is also a little bit spicier then the average VSOP Cognac. Sold for $40,-
- Hine VSOP, described by Hine as their “classic”, Rare is a Fine Champagne cognac, meaning that is a blend of more than 25 Grand and Petite Champagne cognacs.. Good alternative for the well-known Cognacs. The youngest eaux-de-vie in Hine Rare VSOP is about 6 years old but some reach up to 12 years, the average being around 8 years.
- ABK6 VSOP Super Premium, delicous fruity Cognac, very tasteful in summer! Sold in a beautiful bottle. Highly rated by our visitors on Cognac Fans and Cognac Wiki.
- Hennessy VSOP, this Cognac comprises a gradual blend of over 60 ‘eaux-de-vie’ aged from 4 years up to 15 years. Compared to the Fine de Cognac which is aged from about 2 to 8 years. Epic bottle, good buy.
- De Luze VSOP, the 2nd highest newcomer. This Cognac is one of my personal “daily” VSOP Cognacs, the Fine Champagne taste is awesome, also the pricing is very competitive in comparing to other Fine Champagne Cognacs like the Rémy Martin VSOP.
- Martell VSOP, the highest rated well-known VSOP Cognac. This cognac is subtle and soft. The nose is wonderfully fruity! Delicious! Which is a result of using eaux de vie from the four major (Grande and Petite Champagne, Borderies and Fins Bois) regions. Sold for $30 – $40,-
- Godet Antarctica, this Cognac distinguish themselves with it’s clear color because of natural filtration. The use of the rare Folle Blache grapes makes this a very special Cognac. Serve this Cognac from the freezer is the best way how to enjoy it!
- Rémy Martin 1738, unfortunately not available in my home country but luckily many friends bring this Cognac from the USA with them for me. It’s complex like a XO-cognac with a nice woody finish. Keep bringing this bottle!
- Distillerie du Peyrat VSOP, organic Cognac. You do something good for the environment and your body, so enjoy Price: $60,-
– See our list of VSOP Cognac Reviews on Cognac Fans.
– See all available VSOP Cognacs on Cognac Wiki.
We hope you like our of Best Cognacs list, if you have anything to add or to say, please leave your comment/opinion below.